- Rich Ling, “The Mobile Telephone and Teens” in The Mobile Connection: The Cell Phone’s Impact on Society. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 2004.
- Keep your kids safe. Take a look at Cellphone Safety.
Anxiety and Cellphones
- South African Depression and Anxiety Group link to a news article on Anxiety and Cellphones.
- Centre for Justice and Crime Prevention issued the following papers: Legal responses to cyber bullying and sexting in South Africa, and Inescapable violence: Cyber bullying and electronic violence against young people in South Africa.
- STOP Cyberbullying website, a WiredSafety project, provides information about online and mobile cyberbullying within the USA context, offering tips to parents, educators and law enforcement.
- Children are not the only ones other children “target” – sometimes its adults as well: Victory for Principal in defamation case. Here is another article on the same court case.
- The University of New Hampshire released this article on Online “predators” and their victims. Bear in mind this may not be limited to Chat Rooms.
- Guidelines for Parents of children on Mxit.
- Mxit also gives us their Top 10 things to keep in mind when in a chat room.
- Article on how police stung chat room “sex message dad”.
- Article where father wants Mxit banned.
- The University of New Hampshire Crimes against Childrens Research Centre released this article in March 2011: Sexting: A Typology